Recipe by anitaschlom
I made this up for my 5 dogs. I didn’t like all the preservatives in commercial treats. And the all-natural ones on the market were just too darn expensive.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (not dry milk)
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a mixer or with hand held mixer blend first 4 wet ingredients.
- Slowly add dry to wet and mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Dust rolling surface with flour and roll dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. I used a bone shape but you can use any shape.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool on rack and store in container.