Recipe by fishywitch
This is a Paula Deen recipe. She made this for her brothers engagement shower. My daughter saw this on her show, went bonkers, next thing you know I am making this every couple of months. I never use a whole ham, usually either a big shank or butt half, whatever is on sale. This sounds really strange but it does taste really good. It's hard to stop eating it once you start!
- 1 (10 -12 lb) whole picnic smoked ham, rinsed and patted dry, untrimmed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack in the lower third of your oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place ham on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and roast the ham for 20 minutes per pound. If the ham begins to burn, cover loosely with foil.
- At the end of the cooking time, in a blender or food processor, combine the broth, peanut butter, honey, chopped garlic and soy sauce. Slather the glaze all over the ham and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes before carving.