Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Good Christmas cookies. Cooking time includes chill time.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips (1 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Microwave peanut butter chips on HIGH (100%) until chips are melted when stirred (1-2 minutes).
- In a large bowl, beat melted peanut butter chips and butter together until well blended.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and eggs; beat until light and fluffy.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture until well blended.
- Divide into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll (at least 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 portion of dough at a time to 1/8" thickness; with floured cookie cutters, cut into holiday shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set and lightly browned (10-12 minutes).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.