Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty "no-bake" drops with a visible surprise inside.
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 10 ounces good quality hot cocoa mix (can be individual 1 oz packages)
- 18 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 ounce cooking spray
- 72 bittersweet chocolate chips, according to taste (or other flavor(s)
- wax paper (24 inches x 18-inch size approx.)
- Combine water and cocoa mix in a larger bowl. Blend together until smooth. Add peanut butter and corn syrup and stir until combined. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and blend. Finally, add crushed vanilla wafers.
- Spray a large piece of waxed paper with cooking spray. Drop large teaspoons of chocolate mixture onto paper and set aside. Place remaining cup of powdered sugar in shallow pan. Roll each piece of chocolate in sugar to cover well. Shape into ball. Press thumb into middle of ball until slightly indented. Position a chocolate morsel in the middle of the with the tip up.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Store in refrigerator in a sealed airtight container.