Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds good from Pillsbury.
- 517.37 g butter recipe cake mix
- 236.59 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 78.07 ml water
- 1 egg
- 453.59 g can chocolate fudge frosting
- 118.29 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 236.59 ml candy covered plain chocolate candies (M&Ms)
- 118.29 ml chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray 13x9 pan withno stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup peanut butter, water and egg on low speed.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and light golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Blend frosting with 1/2 cup peanut butter and spread over cooled bars.
- Top with candy and nuts.
Big hit at my house! We LOVED these bars. I did have to add some extra water to the first layer because it was just to dry to mix. I added extra peanut butter to the frosting b/c it wasn't peanut buttery enough for us. I baked this in a 8x11 pan so it took about 30 minutes til it was done. Fantastic recipe that we have devoured quickly! Thanks mszanz!
BIG HIT! Disappeared off the table at work in no time flat and lots of requests for the recipe. I started following the directions exactly, but had to deviate just a little. When making the base layer (cake, peanut butter, water and egg), it was SOOO dry that my mixer couldn't handle it. I tried mixing by hand, but still no luck. I added extra water (I didn't measure it, unfortunately, but I'm guessing it was between 1/4 and 1/3 cup extra) and was finally able to work with it. One of my friends who asked for the recipe said she had the same problem and added one extra egg rather than the extra water, and it turned out perfectly for her. Also, because of the problem I had with the bottom layer, I thought the chunky peanut butter may have been the culprit, so I used cream peanut butter in the frosting. We found the frosting had a very strong, overpowering chocolate flavor right after putting it together (and I'm a chocoholic!). However, the next day, the chocolate and peanut butter had blended together much better. The overall outcome was mmmmmmmm, mmmmmmmm GOOD! Thanks for posting. I'll definitely be making these bars again -- and taking them to a potluck or to work so I'm not tempted by them. Thanks!
Awsome! A new family favorite!!!