Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe uses canned pumpkin and prepared brownie mix for an easy tasty treat that works with your diet. While not exactly like fudge, it is chocolately and peanut buttery and you get a very good size piece in one serving! Must be eaten with a fork - messy! The pumpkin flavor does come through some, so beware if you aren't a pumpkin fan. I make this recipe with a Betty Crocker Low Fat brownie mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a very small baking dish, either 8" x 4" for thick fudge or 8" x 8" for thinner fudge.
- Mix pumpkin and brownie mix until smooth; batter will be thick.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Drop peanut butter in little drops on top and swirl with knife; don't get too much in one area or oil from the peanut butter will pool.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (approximately 30 minutes for an 8" x 4" pan and about 40 minutes for an 8" x 8" pan). It should look undercooked, thick and fudgy; glossy on the inside (don't let edges get crusty).
- Remove from oven; cover with foil; cool in fridge for several hours. Let cool on the counter a little while so your baking dish doesn't shatter!
- Cut into 18 pieces, 3x6.
Very good. I have made this before, found it in the hungry girl cookbook. yummy.. try adding a little splenda and some cocoa powder,, it tastes even better i think
I am not a fan of fudge, but my dh is and he raved about this....and could not believe it was not bad him! He said it is definitely a keeper!
I absolutely LOVE fudge, so I was really excited to come upon this recipe. The directions all worked well, and the fudge itself chilled well and was easy to cut and handle in so that it looked just like fudge, but the resemblance for all of us here ended right there. It does have a fudgey flavor and the peanut butter stands out, so the pumpkin really didn't come through much. Although the recipe says the fudge does not taste "exactly" like fudge, the fudge was not really sweet enough to me, having a texture that reminded me of Play-dough" for some reason, with my husband describing it as "spongy". I am sorry I can't give a higher rating, but this truly didn't work out for us at all, and I would never consider trying it again. Again sorry, but remember this rating is only about the recipe and has nothing to do with you, so don't feel badly. ~Sue