Recipe by Dee Fischer
Who doesn't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Well, if you don't, please do NOT make this. If you do...this pie is a must do!!!! It won't be the last one you make. This recipe is from WOMAN'S WORLD MAGAZINE 5/20/03
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust (I buy the already made ones)
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 1 (12 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) jarchocolate fudge sauce
- chocolate curls (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- FILLING: In large bowl at medium-high speed beat cream cheese, peanut butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 4 minutes.
- Mixture may look curdled.
- In another bowl beat 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread half of mixture into crust; spread with fudge sauce.
- Refrigerate pie and remaining peanut butter mixture until mixture is starting to get firm, about 1 hour.
- Top pie with remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Using spoon, softly swirl.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Cover loosely after 1 hour.
- Before serving, beat remaining cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- If desired, transfer whipped cream to pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe or spoon into mounds over pie.
- Sprinkle with curls and peanuts if desired.