- Combine sugar, butter and milk in heavy cookware.
- Mix well and cook on med. heat until boiling.
- Let boil for 10 mins.
- Remove from stove and add Marshmallow cream and peanut butter.
- Beat well.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Let cool.
- If you want chocolate add 1-12oz.
- bag semi-sweet morsels in stead of peanut butter.
- She told me the trick was to get fine ground sugar.
- Someone told me to make sure you have a good heavy pot. Like old pressure cookers.
Very good. I didn't have fine ground sugar, but it turned out great. This took me about 35 minutes from start to finish.
The problem with fudge is, either it's too soft or too dry and crumbly. This fudge was GREAT! DD says it's the best I've ever made. I cooked it to a soft ball stage and it set up perfect. At this time, I have 2 pieces left. DD tried to make it at high elevation and without a thermometer, said it was grainy and too soft so they ate it over ice cream! Thank you hcopeland for a definately saved recipe.
Delicious! My mom used to make this same fudge every Christmas. It turned out great!!