Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallow creme, peanut butter, vanilla and nuts.
- Beat well.
- Pour into a buttered dish or pan & cool.
A good, basic peanut butter fudge with a strong peanut butter flavor. I added a dash of salt since the organic peanut butter and butter I used were unsalted.
Very good fudge. I made this for a peanut-butter-loving friend, who gave it really high marks. This fudge had great flavor and texture, and was quick and easy to make. Rather than buttering the pan, I just lined it with a big sheet of aluminum foil, so it was quick and simple to lift the fudge out and slice it.
Made a couple of batches for the guys at work and let me tell ya, it was awesome. The perfect amount of peanut butter flavor and sooooo creamy! What I had left over (cause I made a lot) I froze. Thanks for sharing the recipe.