Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The Peanut Butter Cookies alone are delicious, but pair them with a fudge filling and the results are perfect. Absolutely Perfect. :) I brought these to a choir fundraiser, and they were gone before the first song was finished! I never wrote down exactly how many this made, so the yield is based on my rather fuzzy recollection - I'll update the next time I make these.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugars, butter, peanut butter and egg. Gradually stir in flour baking soda & powder, and salt.
- Shape dough in 3/4 inch balls and flatten slightly with a fork if you like the cross hatching pattern. Bake until set but not hard, and golden brown on the bottom, about 10 minutes.
- If you're going to sandwich them with the chocolate, let them cool entirely before doing so. Match up cookies by size so you've got a more uniform sandwich when you're done.
- For the filling, mix the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla together, and melt over low heat, or in the microwave. Spoon into a ziploc bag, close the bag, and snip a corner to pipe onto the flat side of a cookie. Top with a second cookie, flat side towards chocolate. Attempt to not devour in one sitting. Fail miserably, die happily. :).