Chef #746800's Note:
This is a VERY rich cake, and that's why I love it. I found the recipe on a blog that linked to another blog that linked to Kraft, I believe. I wrote it down and didn't try it out for a few months so I lost where the original recipe was posted, I also modified it a bit. This cake is to die for. Pour a glass of milk, or two, you're gonna need it.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped chocolate-covered peanut butter cups (about 8 ounces, plus more to garnish, I used twice as many peanut butter cups so I could decorate th)
- 6 ounces prepared chocolate pudding (not the dry mix, the actual snack sized container of pudding)
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Coat two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line with waxed paper; coat paper.
- 2In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high; beat for 2 minutes, scraping down side of the bowl after 1 minute. Stir in the pudding. Fold in 2 cups of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- 3Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 34 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let layers cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto wire racks and cool completely.
- 4Place chopped dark chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Bring cream just to a boil and pour over chocolate. Whisk until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- 5Trim top of cake layers flat with a serrated knife. Put 1 cake layer on cooling rack and place on a baking sheet. Pour 1 cup frosting on top; spread evenly with a spatula. Top with remaining cake layer. Pour remaining frosting over the top, allowing it to spill over the sides. Smooth top and sides with spatula. Refrigerate 1 hour to set. Transfer cake to serving plate and garnish with chopped candy, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.8
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 123.2 mg
- Sodium 704.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered peanut butter cups