- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a plate or pan and set aside.
- Place the sugar, evaporated milk and margarine in a pan and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft ball stage. (I use a candy thermometer, but you can also use the water test).
- Be sure to stir mixture constantly while cooking.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer on high speed until candy begins to lose its glossy appearance.
- Quickly pour into the buttered plate or pan.
- Cool before cutting into squares.