Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
my mom's recipe for peanut butter fudge. Easy ingredients to keep on hand, quick to make, and very creamy. (Cooling time is not included.)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Butter a plate or pan and set aside.
- Place the sugar, evaporated milk and margarine in a pan and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches the soft ball stage. (I use a candy thermometer, but you can also use the water test).
- Be sure to stir mixture constantly while cooking.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer on high speed until candy begins to lose its glossy appearance.
- Quickly pour into the buttered plate or pan.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
Was not happy with it at all.
Made half a batch as directed using a 9x9 pan. I did stir by hand though (fast and furious, lol). The peanut butter melted right into the candy, and I stirred until it was well incorporated. This is easy to make, and some very good peanut butter fudge! I too added peanuts to half of the fudge for crunch. Thanks for posting. :)
I had to buy margarine for the first time in my life (honest! lol) to make this lol. The only change I made was to sprinkle some crushed honey roasted peanuts on top of half and some shaved dark chocolate on the other for a little extra something. Your mother made some tasty fudge! I made in a deep 8x8 for thicker pieces. The kids at dbf's house DEVOURED what I brought over, the adults were sad they didn't get much lol.