Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't remember where I came across this, but it turned into a family favorite. We have been known to call it "putter pudge", thanks to my daughter Chloe, from when she was little. I have actually memorized it and give it out when someone is looking for an easy recipe for fudge. A stainless steel (Revereware) pot is the best, my cuisinart pot keeps cooking it after removing it from the heat.
- Add the sugar, milk and butter to a pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- I ALWAYS use a thermometer, so boil to 234 to 235 degrees F (soft ball for those who don't).
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir quickly and pour into 13x9 pan.
- Let it cool before cutting or it may crystalize.