Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling without stirring to 235 degrees by a candy thermometer.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Cool to lukewarm 110 degrees.
- Add peanut butter.
- Beat until mixture begins to thicken and loses it's gloss.
- At once stir in chocolate chips.
- Turn into greased 8 x 4 inch pan.
- Cut into squares.
There's just something about peanut butter & chocolate that draws me in, & this recipe is no different! The recipe was followed right down the line, & the resulting fudge (with its subtle PB flavor), was shared with several inquiring neighbors, & we devoured it all in no time! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the Spring's Pick A Chef]