Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An easy fudge made from everyday ingredients found in your kitchen. (... at least marshmellow is always found in my kitchen! =)
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (1 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (18 oz)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I prefer toasted mixed nuts)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine peanutbutter, marshmellow, nuts and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Grease a 9x9 pan and set aside.
- Combine sugars, milk and salt in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Stir, bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanutbutter/marshmello mixture and mix quickly.
- (This hardens FAST!) Pour and pat into pan.
- Let set up.
- Cut with a knife dipped in hot water.
- Keep in an airtight container.
I made this for goodie trays for the holidays and it was a definite hit! I love the method, I'm no good at the "soft-ball" method, this is soooo easy! Rich, smooth and creamy! I used roasted, salted cocktail type peanuts in mine and threw in a couple of handsful of mini chocolate chips in one batch! They sorta half melted and were really good that way! How far wrong can you go with chocolate and peanut butter!