Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my husband's favorite frosting. He loves it on chocolate cake. He says it's so good, it requires two glasses of milk per piece of cake. :)
- 5 ounces cream cheese (I have used an ounce less or up to an ounce more with equally good results)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Beat together cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Beat until creamy and smooth.
- Use mini chips to garnish cake, if desired.
I live in the tropics so frostings and icings tend to fall off the cake due to the heat. This one survived better than most so if kept in the fridge for as long as possible before needed, it should stay firm for a while. Tastes good too and was popular with everyone. Used it on a chocolate cake.
I used 3/4 cup of peanut butter, a tad more sugar and an extra tablespoon of milk, as my man is a peanut butter fanatic! This recipe is as off the charts easy as it is GOOD!
This frosting is fabulous. It is so soft and creamy. Thanks for posting this recipe.