Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy frosting that will cover a two layer cake.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- In bowl of mixer, beat together peanut butter, butter or margarine, and shortening, until creamy.
- Mix in vanilla and 2 Tablespoons milk.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, and with the mixer on medium beat until reaches desired consistency.
- Add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
- Beat until fluffy.
OUTSTANDING! Screwed up a brownie mix so it was more or less chocolate cake with peanut butter cups in it and wanted a peanut butter topping to cover my boo boo...what an awesome frosting!! I confess...putting some in a small bowl and hiding away with it sounds tempting!! Even the pickiest loved it!!
I made this last night to frost a chocolate cake. It was so good. I did have to add more milk because I 'dumped' the powdered sugar in all at once. I also added chopped peanuts on top after frosting. I will make this again, only next time I will keep some out, just to eat!