I haven't tried these yet, but they sound delicious and I wanted to save the recipe. They are not for those on a diet, though! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- 4Lightly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; the batter will be fairly thick.
- 5Pour enough oil into a small, deep saucepan to reach a depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until the oil registers 310 degrees on a deep-fry or candy thermometer.
- 6Working in 3 or 4 batches, drop the batter by rounded teaspoons into the hot oil and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- 7Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fritters to paper towels to drain.
- 8Keep the fritters in the oven as you continue frying.
- 9Serve hot with the whipped cream and jam.
- 10Tip: Keep the oil temperature 310 degrees to keep the fritters light, not greasy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 61.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g