1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter French Toast Sticks
This is a recipe inspired by hoddeok (Korean fried pancakes), but baked instead! This recipe uses the basic dough from: http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-artisan-bread-325571
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the peanut butter and honey together, and place in the fridge.
- 2Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper (or greased with oil).
- 4Prepare the dough: divide into 5 pieces. Flatten out into circular shape (keep it thick, this isn't the final rolling). Do this for all 5 pieces.
- 5Make the egg batter/wash: Mix the egg, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- 6Take out the peanut butter and honey mixture. Divide into 5 pieces and roll into circles.
- 7Place the peanut butter/honey mix in each of the dough circles.
- 8Close the dough around the peanut butter/honey mixture (like a dumpling!). Use a rolling pin to flatten out as thin as you are able to.
- 9Place the discs on the prepared cookie sheet (I could only fit 3 per cookie sheet). Cover the discs with the egg mixture.
- 10Using a pizza cutter, cut out strips or square shapes in the dough.
- 11Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 12If you want to divide the dough into 2 big pieces and roll it out into a rectangular shape to make longer strips, you may want to poke it with a fork to keep the dough from puffing up to much!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter French Toast Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.4
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 49.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g