Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe inspired by hoddeok (Korean fried pancakes), but baked instead! This recipe uses the basic dough from: http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-artisan-bread-325571
- Mix the peanut butter and honey together, and place in the fridge.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper (or greased with oil).
- Prepare the dough: divide into 5 pieces. Flatten out into circular shape (keep it thick, this isn't the final rolling). Do this for all 5 pieces.
- Make the egg batter/wash: Mix the egg, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Take out the peanut butter and honey mixture. Divide into 5 pieces and roll into circles.
- Place the peanut butter/honey mix in each of the dough circles.
- Close the dough around the peanut butter/honey mixture (like a dumpling!). Use a rolling pin to flatten out as thin as you are able to.
- Place the discs on the prepared cookie sheet (I could only fit 3 per cookie sheet). Cover the discs with the egg mixture.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut out strips or square shapes in the dough.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- If you want to divide the dough into 2 big pieces and roll it out into a rectangular shape to make longer strips, you may want to poke it with a fork to keep the dough from puffing up to much!