Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Delicious and indulgent. The best French toast you will ever have! This recipe is from New Vegetarian Cuisine by Linda Rosenweig
Top Review by ChloeBaby
Wow, what an excellent way to start the day! I didn't really care for the applesauce topping, but otherwise this is lovely, and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting!
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices bread (thick French bread is best)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together the egg, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon and honey until smooth. Add the bread and soak on both sides.
- Coat a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Place over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the bread and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve topped with the applesauce and maple syrup.