Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and indulgent. The best French toast you will ever have! This recipe is from New Vegetarian Cuisine by Linda Rosenweig
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices bread (thick French bread is best)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together the egg, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon and honey until smooth. Add the bread and soak on both sides.
- Coat a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Place over medium heat and melt the butter. Add the bread and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve topped with the applesauce and maple syrup.
Wow, what an excellent way to start the day! I didn't really care for the applesauce topping, but otherwise this is lovely, and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting!
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.