Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
My kids loved this when they were little. It was an all time favorite. Easy too! The amounts are guess work,but its so easy you'll have no problem. The peanut butter gets all melty and forms a delicious 'syrup' inside. Yummy!
- 2 slice bread
- 14.79 ml peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml butter
- syrup (optional)
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Spread peanut butter on one piece of bread, and top with second slice, to make a sandwich.
- Dip the sandwich in the beaten egg, coating both sides throughly.
- Melt butter in pan,and place the sandwich in the pan. Turn it over once in order to brown both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on plate. Serve with syrup, and a sprinkle of confectioners sugar if desired.
My peanut butter freak loved these. My other two ate about half. I think they were a bit too rich with the pancake syrup. If I make them again, I think I'll use strawberry preserves or syrup as another reviewer suggested. Thanks for the kid friendly food.
my wife had told me how fun this was for the kids and i was skeptical. i made it this morning and was amazed at how fast it disappeared. fun to make, and fun to eat. thanks.
I thought this was a really good recipe. I'm on a quest to find something my picky almost three-year-old will eat for breakfast and to my disappointment, she didn't even touch this. My one year old even ate some!