Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious, more "sophisticated" take on peanut butter for all ages. Little ones will love the fun of dipping their food and older ones will enjoy rediscovering the joys of a good PB&J. Add chocolate, and you have a desert gauranteed to please all taste buds, perfect for fruit, ice-cream, cake, etc. Make it vegan by using margarine, soy milk, and vegan chocolate!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup (optional)
- Melt peanut butter, butter, sugar, salt, and milk over low heat, stirring often, or in Crock-Pot Little Dipper or fondue pot.
- Stir until mixture is smooth and caramel colored, adding more milk as needed to reach a smooth dipping consistency.
- If desired, add chocolate sauce and stir well.
- Continue heating until warmed through.
- Serve plain peanut butter fondue with toast and jam sandwiches as dippers; chocolate-peanut butter fondue is perfect for a variety of fruits as well as ice-cream, cake cubes, etc.
- My sweetie and I eat the first half of this plain, with toast and jam, then add only 1/4 cup chocolate sauce to the remainder for our dessert.
- Make this vegan by using margarine, soy milk, and vegan chocolate!
I just made this and found it to be very delicious!! I did, though, have to add more milk which didn't make much of a difference. It was still very thick in the end but had great taste! (I cooked mine over the stove) To eat, i dipped apples in it as well as pretzels which was great. thanks for posting!
I made this last night. It came out so delicious. I had to add more milk to the mix in order to get it creamier.
I found this to be perfect except i marinated beef cubes in butter with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder then i dipped the beef into the peanut butter fondue. It was excellent!