Recipe by *Dani*
I was in the mood for flapjacks AND peanut butter, I decided to mix the two together and what do you know IT WORKS. To make normal flapjacks replace peanut butter with butter, I think the recipe was already posted on zaar, and 3 of my cook books had the same normal flapjack recipe although each one has a different method, I use the simplest. I used smooth peanut butter when making this, but I'm sure crunchy would be ok although different.
- 4 ounces butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces peanut butter (1/4 cup)
- 8 ounces rolled oats (2 cups) or 8 ounces porridge oats (2 cups)
- 6 ounces demerara sugar (1 cup) or 6 ounces brown sugar (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter in bowl and beat till creamy, to make pave use margarine.
- Mix together sugar and oats and gradually add sugar oat mixture to the butter ( to much hard work to do at once).
- Press mixture into a large greased tin, or tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 330F degrees F or 170 degrees C until cooked to preference. For a soft chewy biscuit You need roughly 20 mins , for a crunchier flapjack 30 mins, bascilly bake till desired texture is achieved.