Recipe by Bluenoser
A nice treat for peanut butter lovers
Top Review by Northern_Reflectionz
Tried these over Christmas....pressed the dough into a shortbread mould and baked for about 15 minutes. Worked very well. It popped straight out of the mould and was not the least bit crumbly. A terrific recipe! Will definitely make use of this low cal, low sugar treat again and again! Thanks!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening, soft
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter til creamy.
- Add orange rind, sugar substitutes and egg to creamed mixture.
- Beat til light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, stirring to blend well.
- Shape level tablespoonfuls into 2 inch fingers and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350F 12-15 minutes.
- or MICROWAVE:.
- place 6-8 fingers on waxed paper and bake on low for 5-6 minutes.