Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Peanut Butter Fingers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Blend in egg, 1/3 cup peanut butter, soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Add flour and oats; mix well.
- Spread in buttered 13-inch by 9-inch inch pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle immediately with chocolate morsels.
- Let stand 5 minutes to melt; spread chocolate over cookie crust.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter, and enough milk to make a drizzling consistency.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle evenly over bars.
LOVE these!! Made them all the time growing up!! Easy and yummy!!
This recipe is just like the PBfingers my great aunt used to make. They are great. I make them in a bar pan so they are thinner.
I made this to bring to a ladies group function at our church and they were still a little warm and gooey yet and that just made them all the better! That was about a year ago that I made these and I'm still getting from people, "You need to fix those peanut butter and chocolate things again." These are sooo yummy! Great bar cookies to bring to any function because they are just so good! Thanks for posting!