Recipe by Deantini
Seriously - if you love peanut butter and chocolate these cookes are a MUST try. Imagine a wonderful chewy chocolate cookie with a creamy peanut butter filling - it is as good as it sounds. The recipe is from Toronto Star. We made them today and they will be on our cookie tray for years to come - for sure! The recipe mentions that the cookie does well with a 15 second reheat in the microwave on day 3. I don't think we will get to try that in this household.
Top Review by Noo
I wholeheartedly agree with HokiesLady...these are seriously good cookies. The kids are going nuts for them, and me and DH are doing a good job at making them disappear rapidly too!
Made and reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped (optional, we did not use and did not miss it)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- In medium sized bowl mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer cream butter, sugar and brown sugar (and peanuts if using) until fluffy. Scrape down sides.
- Add egg and vanilla, beat again until fluffy.
- In two additions beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, scrape down sides.
- Form into 24 balls each about 1 1/2 tbsp size.
- Filling - In small bowl stir together icing sugar and peanut butter. Form into 24 balls, each about 1 tsp size.
- Between damp hands flatten 1 chocolate ball, top with 1 peanut butter ball. Shape chocolate dough over peanut filling until completely covered. Roll dough into ball. Repeat with remaining chocolate and peanut balls.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on 2 parchment lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass to about 2 inches (5 cm).
- Bake in oven for 8-10 min until just set. Cool 1 min on tray before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.