Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from Jif.com. Use any peanut butter you like. I like to top mine with crunchy peanut butter and syrup. Makes me hungry just thinking about it!
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg with peanut butter.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Cook on a lightly greased skillet till bubbles break on the surface.
- Flip to cook the other side.
Loved this recipe! The pancakes turned out so light and fluffy. I got thumbs up from the hubby as well as my peanut butter obsessed 4 year old. They topped theirs with syrup but I used grape jelly. I cooked up some turkey bacon to go along with them. I may or may not have made a PB and jelly bacon pancake sandwich :D
These are the first pancakes I've made here in Trinidad (learning to cook with this high humidity) and they turned out great. I made 2 small changes. Cut the serving in half for me and DH, and that turned out just perfect with 2 medium sized cakes each; and added 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the mix. The mix turned out a lot thicker than most of my pancake mixes and I think next time I might add a little extra milk to the batter. But the end result were thick, light, fluffy pancakes with just a hint of peanut butter, not to sweet and set of nicely with maple syrup. Really enjoyed them.
Fluffy, with a nice light peanut butter flavor. I easily subbed in a gluten free flour blend. Thanks for sharing!