my kid's mom's Note:
Peanut Butter Eyeballs are a holiday variation of a popular candy called Buckeyes. These nutty treats are dunked white chocolate and then decorated to look like bloodshot eyes. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your decorating. A platter of different colored eyeballs would look splendidly scary at a Halloween party. Taken from www.food.about.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bowl of a large mixer, blend peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- 2Add powdered sugar and vanilla to peanut butter mixture and continue beating until it looks smooth.
- 3Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
- 4Using a spoon, scoop out balls of peanut butter and roll between your palms to get them as round as possible. Place on the cookie sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Place the white chocolate coating in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Stir thoroughly until it is smooth.
- 6Dip the peanut butter balls into the white chocolate coating. You can use two forks to balance the candy on, or just grasp it in your fingers and roll it around until it is covered completely. Return it to the cookie sheet and proceed to dip the rest of the peanut butter balls.
- 7While the chocolate is still wet, press an M&M candy in the center for the iris.
- 8Return the eyes to the refrigerator to harden.
- 9Once the eyeballs are firm, you can use the red decorator frosting to make squiggly blood vessels.
- 10Variation: Another option is to take a few drops of red candy coloring and drop them into the melted white chocolate. Use a fork to mix the chocolate around a bit, but don't stir too much: you want blood-red swirls, not pink chocolate! You can then dip your candies straight into your bloody mixture and skip step #9.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Eyeballs
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 57.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g