Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a Skippy peanut butter advertisement.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups granola cereal
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, combine cereals and dried fruit; set aside.
- Spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. (Optional -- I recently forgot to do this, and everything came up fine. Use your best judgment.).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Microwave at high 45 seconds or until peanut butter is melted. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Firmly press cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Let cool completely. Cut into 16 squares.
Tasted great, wonderful combination of ingredients. Next time I would increase the amount of honey, brown sugar and peanut butter mixture by 1 1/2. As is there wasn't enough to hold the cereal and fruit mixture together in firm bars. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Am always on the lookout for another great recipe that'll make a tasty bar, & this one does it! With all the crunchies on the ingredient list, I decided to go with extry crunchy peanut butter as well, & the bars were very nice! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]