Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Packed full of protein and carbs, a great pre-gym or after gym snack
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey (or up to 1 cup if you like sweets)
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped nuts, of choice (almonds are recommended)
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 5 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
- warm peanut butter and honey in microwave for 30-60 sec.
- add all other ingredients and mix.
- pat into a 13 X 9 inch pan and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
I am gluten and dairy intolerant, and this is the ultimate energy bar/ dessert for me! I'm a big health food person, and our freezer is always stocked with raw bulk foods. I diddn't have any hemp seeds, so I substituted 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds, 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut. For the nuts, I used 1/4 cup whole flax seeds, 1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds. I usually skip the cocoa (no need to guild the lily!) and keep the honey at 1/2 cup. This is a life saving recipe. Thanks, chef!