Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my healthy version of peanut butter balls. This is super easy! Make substitutions and use whatever you have available in your kitchen. Just be careful to watch your ratios. Enjoy!
- Mix peanut butter, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, raisins, and honey.
- Roll mixture into balls.
- Mix equal amounts of flax seeds and wheat germ in a bowl and roll the balls in this mixture (optional).
- Let balls sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Additional Notes:
- You can make some substitutions with the ingredients. For example, substitute the raisins for chocolate chips or chopped nuts instead of sunflower seeds. There are many possibilities, just be careful and keep the ratios consistent.
- Also, I used natural peanut butter which caused my mixture to be more dry. If this is the case add a little milk; about 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
Oh these are so yummy! I used cranberries instead of raisins and rolled them in seseme seeds. I also used 1/2 crunchy 1/2 creamy peanut better in one batch. GREAT RECIPE! THANK YOU!
This recipe is great! It makes for such a nice, yummy, healthy treat or breakfast and is so easy, too! YUM! I made this into bars using 1 tbs of sugar-free syrup in place of the honey (as thats what I had on hand), cashew butter and a mix of granola, oats, coconut, raisins, sunflower seeds and flax seeds. To make assembly easier I warmed the syrup and cashew butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and then mixed in everything else.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this super easy and yummy treat with us, Erin. Ill make it again for sure.
Made and reviewed for the LOVE train event in the Contest and Events Forum January 2012.
Oh my these were very good for a healthy snack/treat. I doubled the recipe, added 1/3 cup of vanilla protein powder, used agave nectar instead of honey and dried cherries instead of raisins. I got about 30 good sized balls out of it and according to my recipe analyzer, they clock in at around 110 calories per ball. They turned out beautifully and will make a wonderful post workout snack. Thank you!