Recipe by WJKing
Mom's famous peanut butter eggs! These were always add to the 'goody' treat trays we'd give to neighbors, friends & school teachers each year. YUMMY! Enjoy! These are great to make ahead & keep in the refrigerator for holiday company, gifts, etc..
- 1 1⁄4 lbs margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 2 lbs peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 lbs milk chocolate wafers (we prefer Wilbur Buds)
- 1⁄4 cup paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter& cream cheese.
- Add peanut butter& vanilla,& mix till well blended.
- Add 10x in small amounts& mix until no longer sticky.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Shape into eggs.
- Re-chill 1-2 hours (minimum).
- Melt chocolate in double broiler.
- Add paraffin& mix well.
- Dip eggs into chocolate& put on cookie sheet in fridge till hardened.