Recipe by Marguerite214
This is a recipe I got from my sister a few years back. We always make them around Easter and they are a big hit. Cooking time is freezing/refrigerating time.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful! I rolled the eggs into slightly smaller pieces so needed more chocolate for dipping. Used natural peanut butter and a touch of olive oil instead of shortening. A friend gave me this olive oil tip years ago when melting chocolate for dipped strawberries. You can't taste the olive oil but it gives the finished product a nice glossy finish. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peanut butter and cream cheese in bowl.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- You may have to refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
- Put some powdered sugar on your hands and make small egg shapes.
- Place on waxed paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until hard.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Dip eggs into chocolate.
- Cover completely.
- Place back on waxed paper and freeze until chocolate sets.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen.