Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups peanut butter
- 4 -5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large Hershey Bar
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 paraffin wax block
- Mix first 5 ingredients in order listed.
- Form into egg shapes.
- Melt all chocolate and paraffin in double boiler.
- Dip eggs into chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper until set.
- Can decorate with decorator icing.
This is a family favorite that my mother used since the 1950's. It is far better than the recipes using cream cheese. We divide the dough in half and add peanut butter to one and coconut to the other. One thing I would add, chill the dough before coating, it makes it much easier. Also keep the coated eggs in the fridge till serving. Then take them out and allow to get to room temp, they are yummy