Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These have no cream cheese so you can safely place these little cuties right in the Easter baskets without worry. You can personalize these for your family and make a bunch of smaller eggs or one or two big ones. You choose the size.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened slightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together. Add the sugar and vanilla, blend thoroughly.
- Shape the "dough" into egg shapes and refrigerate on waxed paper for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the eggs, covering completely. Let cool on waxed paper.
- Decorate or personalize with names and place in fluted cupcake papers.
These were a big hit with DH and the kids! I used less sugar as it seemed it would be too much and they turned out great!
These were very good. I found it easy to adjust the amount of sugar to the level of sweetness my family likes. Personally, I need some tips on the dipping process. They weren't pretty, but they sure disappeared quickly!