Recipe by Nursebarb
These are a really good, choclatey sweet treat for Easter. I have made them for my kids and given them for gifts. Make eggs ahead of time, then dip in chocolate and decorate!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) package almond bark
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, peanut butter, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer at low speed until smooth and well-blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until mixture is no longer sticky and can be handled with hands.
- Divide into six large portions or 18 small portions (small one the size of normal eggs).
- With hands, shape each portion into an oval with a flat bottom and place on paper towels.
- Cover loosely and let sit 12 hours at room temperature.
- Place almond bark in top of double boiler, bringing water to a boil.
- Simmer until almond bark melts.
- Carefully dip bottom of each egg into almond bark and place on large cookie sheet or plates covered with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Place eggs on wire rack over waxed paper. Spoon almond bark over eggs.
- Place eggs in refrigerator about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Decorate with icing as desired.