Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is an answer to a request. I have not tried this recipe, but sounds good and easy.
- 1 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups peanut butter, chunky
- Cream margarine and cream cheese; add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into small eggs or balls.
- Place on cookie sheet on wax paper and freeze about 2 hours.
- For chocolate, use chocolate chips and a small bar of paraffin or chocolate coating melted on top of double boiler.
- After 2 hours remove peanut butter eggs from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
These are VERY sweet. I guess 2lb of sugar should have been a clue huh? lol. I didn't have trouble mixing this but when I tasted the mix it was clear that it was kind of "patchy" (one piece tasted like sugar one like cream cheese one like peanut butter) so I went in and mixed with my hands as the other reviewer said and that did indeed incorporate it. I also added another 1/2 cup of peanut butter. What can I say I love my peanut butter. Next time I think I might try swaping graham cracker crumbs for some of the sugar (1 cup to 1 cup ratio). Graham cracker crumbs make a great binder in place of sugar and would cut down on the sweetness of these eggs...so I can eat more of them without getting sick :). PS I dipped some of mine in white chocolate, some in bitter sweet and some in semi sweet. I'm sure the kids will have rave reviews on Easter!
This recipe is awesome! It is defintely a must for peanut butter lovers! I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter, however, I love these peanut butter eggs! I would highly recommend using your hands to mix all of the ingredients together, as it gets very difficult using a hand mixer. Also, make sure you use a big mixing bowl because two pounds of powdered sugar can get messy! Hehe! Thanks for the great recipe! :)