Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe is an answer to a request. I have not tried this recipe, but sounds good and easy.
Top Review by 6 pack mama
These are VERY sweet. I guess 2lb of sugar should have been a clue huh? lol. I didn't have trouble mixing this but when I tasted the mix it was clear that it was kind of "patchy" (one piece tasted like sugar one like cream cheese one like peanut butter) so I went in and mixed with my hands as the other reviewer said and that did indeed incorporate it. I also added another 1/2 cup of peanut butter. What can I say I love my peanut butter. Next time I think I might try swaping graham cracker crumbs for some of the sugar (1 cup to 1 cup ratio). Graham cracker crumbs make a great binder in place of sugar and would cut down on the sweetness of these eggs...so I can eat more of them without getting sick :). PS I dipped some of mine in white chocolate, some in bitter sweet and some in semi sweet. I'm sure the kids will have rave reviews on Easter!
- 1 cup margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups peanut butter, chunky
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and cream cheese; add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into small eggs or balls.
- Place on cookie sheet on wax paper and freeze about 2 hours.
- For chocolate, use chocolate chips and a small bar of paraffin or chocolate coating melted on top of double boiler.
- After 2 hours remove peanut butter eggs from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to cool.