Recipe by Cookin-jo
These are different than the usual peanut butter balls in that they use cream cheese, white chocolate and peanut praline (recipe included). This recipe comes from my local newspaper and I haven't tried it, but I didn't want to lose it! Use a good quality white chocolate.
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter (not natural)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces white chocolate, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
For peanut praline
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped medium-fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 4 ounces of the white chocolate in a double boiler over barely simmering water.
- In mixer or food processor combine melted chocolate, peanut butter, cream cheese, butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to roll with your hands into balls.
- Melt remaining chocolate as in step 1 and dip the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate, then roll in praline to coat.
- Place on racks to firm.
- For praline:.
- Place sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until it melts and turn a caramel colour.
- Mix in peanuts and pour onto a greased rimmed cookie sheet.
- Let harden and cool, then chop in food processor until quite fine but not powdered.
- Preparation and cook times are a guess.