Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
My little doggie who doesn't care for many store-bought doggie treats, just loves these. Note: the actual recipe did not call for brown sugar, but I added it in for a bit of sweetness, you have the option of adding it or not)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, brown sugar (if using) and 2 tbsp vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flours, cornmeal and oats.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients; beat with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and place it on a sheet of floured wax paper.
- Roll or pat out the dough to a thickness of 1/4- 1/2 inch.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (preferably one shaped like a doggie biscuit), and place the bicuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; turn off the heat and leave the bicuits in the oven for 1 hour with the heat turned off.
Tequila & Duchess LOVES the cookies, also MY DH :) He wants to share with the dogs :) They smelled so good while baking. I cut them into small pieces because they are both small dogs, Chihuahua & a Pomeranian. I got 94 cookies. Kitten, they thank you & I thank you for the recipe.
Oh, did my dog ever love this one. He just grabbed them out of my hands as if there was no tomorrow. I should be careful not to overfeed them these.
Well I will only rate this based upon how my 5 dogs reacted and how they went about eating them. I know that the sneaky one, Lucy, ate some and hid some in her favorite go to stash. Betty was very agressive, in a good way, and you could tell she loved them because she always gives you a slight little jump/hop before the next bit. The little one was very upset because she couldn't eat as many as fast as the big dogs, but all and all I think this was a 5 star to them all. Not a one turned one down and it was a one time treat since they ate them all.