Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My little doggie who doesn't care for many store-bought doggie treats, just loves these. Note: the actual recipe did not call for brown sugar, but I added it in for a bit of sweetness, you have the option of adding it or not)
Top Review by Barb G.
Tequila & Duchess LOVES the cookies, also MY DH :) He wants to share with the dogs :) They smelled so good while baking. I cut them into small pieces because they are both small dogs, Chihuahua & a Pomeranian. I got 94 cookies. Kitten, they thank you & I thank you for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine water, oil, eggs, peanut butter, brown sugar (if using) and 2 tbsp vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flours, cornmeal and oats.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients; beat with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball, and place it on a sheet of floured wax paper.
- Roll or pat out the dough to a thickness of 1/4- 1/2 inch.
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (preferably one shaped like a doggie biscuit), and place the bicuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; turn off the heat and leave the bicuits in the oven for 1 hour with the heat turned off.