Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so easy to make and your pups will just love these. They are sweetened with molasses which healthier than sugar because it is less processed. Keeps 2 weeks in a treat jar; 5 weeks refrigerated; 6 months frozen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup peanut butter (use natural, not sweetened)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, and baking powder.
- Gradually mix in the milk, peanut butter, and molasses.
- Knead until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness (or use your hands, this dough is easy to work with).
- Cut out shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; turn off heat and let cool in oven or cool on wire racks.
I made these exactly as written and used a bone-shaped cookie cutter. They smelled really good as they baked. My rottweiler, Max, said to definitely give them 5 stars. He couldn't even wait for them to cool off after they came out of the oven. I had a hard time keeping him away from them. The biscuits soft and cakey and Max seems to like them a lot. Made for July 2013 Aus/NZ Swap.