Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Peanut butter cake with a tunnel of chocolate cake in the middle with a chocolate glaze. Yummy.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 10-inch (12 cup) Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- For cake, combine granulated sugar, shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until creamy. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to peanut butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Spoon 2 cups batter into medium bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup sundae syrup.
- Spoon plain batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon chocolate batter over plain batter. Do not mix.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cake will rise, then fall during baking.) Do not overbake.
- Cool 45 minutes on wire rack before removing from pan. Place cake, fluted side up, on serving plate. Cool completely.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, 1/4 cup chocolate sundae syrup and vanilla in small bowl. Stir to blend. Add water, 1 drop at a time, until glaze is of desired consistency.
- Spoon over top of cake. Sprinkle with nuts.