1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Date Balls
2 hrs 25 mins
mums the word's Note:
My mom always had these cookies on our Xmas cookie trays. It is an absolute must every year! Everyone loves these! (I believe that Mom cut this recipe from a magazine but I don't know its origin.) The preparation time includes chilling time in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften the peanut butter by microwaving for about one minute on Power Level 3.
- 2In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter and butter.
- 3Stir in icing sugar, dates and peanuts and mix well.
- 4Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1" balls or whatever size you like, if dough is sticky, refrigerate for 30 minutes or so before rolling.
- 5Place on waxed paper lined baking trays and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 6Place butter and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and melt the chocolate at 30 second intervals until smooth (I usually do this at Power Level 6 so that it doesn't overcook).
- 7Dip the balls into the chocolate and place back onto the wax paper lined trays and pop into the fridge again for an hour or so.
- 8These freeze beautifully - I place balls into tupperware and put wax paper between the layers.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Date Balls
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 130.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g