Recipe by littleturtle
Chocolate cake frosted with a chocolate glaze over a layer of peanut butter.
Top Review by javacakes
This cake was fabulous!!!! My husband is not much of a sweet eater,but he went crazy over it, as did my eighteen year old son and all of his buddies!!! This will definetly be a family favorite from now on!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks or use 1 stick butter with 1/2 cup shortening)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 15 1/2"x10 1/2"x1" jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, mix water, butter, and cocoa.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour over flour mixture; beat just until blended (batter will be thin).
- Add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Pour into jelly roll pan.
- Bake until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (25-30 minutes).
- Spread peanut butter over warm cake.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl, on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes; stir.
- If needed, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chocolate is melted.
- Carefully spread chocolate over top of peanut butter, covering it completely.
- Allow topping to set; cut into squares.