This recipe is from the www.hersheys.com website. It is somewhat different from the other posted recipes so I thought it would be worth a shot. The picture on the website looks "yummy."
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE
- 1 cup hershey's special dark chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1Combine butter and peanut butter chips in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Pour into large bowl; add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda and pecans; blend well. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F Roll out dough, a small portion at a time, on lightly floured board or between 2 pieces of wax paper, to 1/4-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough in refrigerator.) With cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until almost set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 4Drizzle CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE or PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE onto each cookie; garnish as desired.
- 5CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE: Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 6PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE: Place 2/3 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. About 1/3 cup glaze.
- 7VARIATION: SLICE AND BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: Prepare dough as directed above. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into two 6-inch rolls. Wrap rolls in wax paper or plastic wrap; freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Proceed as directed for baking and cooling.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cut-Out Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g