Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is from the www.hersheys.com website. It is somewhat different from the other posted recipes so I thought it would be worth a shot. The picture on the website looks "yummy."
FOR THE COOKIES
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE
- 1 cup hershey's special dark chocolate chips or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Combine butter and peanut butter chips in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Pour into large bowl; add brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda and pecans; blend well. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Heat oven to 350°F Roll out dough, a small portion at a time, on lightly floured board or between 2 pieces of wax paper, to 1/4-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough in refrigerator.) With cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until almost set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE or PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE onto each cookie; garnish as desired.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZE: Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZE: Place 2/3 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips and 1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. About 1/3 cup glaze.
- VARIATION: SLICE AND BAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES: Prepare dough as directed above. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until firm enough to handle. Shape dough into two 6-inch rolls. Wrap rolls in wax paper or plastic wrap; freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. Cut dough into 1/4-inch thick slices. Proceed as directed for baking and cooling.