GF Momma of 3's Note:
A creamy, peanut butter curry chicken dish served over rice. My family's favorite dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 26 -28 ounces coconut milk (2 cans)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- chopped peanuts (to garnish) (optional)
- cooked rice (optional)
- 1In a large (about 6 quart) pot brown the chicken in 2 tbsp oil, add the onion when chicken is almost cooked to help soften them.
- 2If you are using whole fat coconut milk, be sure to shake the can! Add the 2 cans of coconut milk to the pot with the creamy peanut butter, mild curry paste, brown sugar and fish sauce. Stir until combined.
- 3Once hot, add the frozen peas.Continue cook until bubbly.
- 4If the sauce is not thick enough, mix the corn starch with the water and add to the pot while the sauce is bubbling to activate the corn starch as a thickener.
- 5Serve over cooked rice and garnish with peanuts if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1521.5
- Calories from Fat 804
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 43.7 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 701.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 113.3 g
- Protein 53.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste