Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A creamy, peanut butter curry chicken dish served over rice. My family's favorite dish.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Curry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, cubed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 26 -28 ounces coconut milk (2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- chopped peanuts (to garnish) (optional)
- cooked rice (optional)
- In a large (about 6 quart) pot brown the chicken in 2 tbsp oil, add the onion when chicken is almost cooked to help soften them.
- If you are using whole fat coconut milk, be sure to shake the can! Add the 2 cans of coconut milk to the pot with the creamy peanut butter, mild curry paste, brown sugar and fish sauce. Stir until combined.
- Once hot, add the frozen peas.Continue cook until bubbly.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, mix the corn starch with the water and add to the pot while the sauce is bubbling to activate the corn starch as a thickener.
- Serve over cooked rice and garnish with peanuts if desired.