Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Reduced-fat peanut butter actually yields a better consistency in this candy. I also prefer semi-sweet chocolate to the milk chocolate, although I guess milk chocolate is the classic taste
- 12 paper baking cups
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the top half off each muffin cup and throw away.
- pour chocolate chips into bowl & melt in microwave (2 minutes at 50% power, stir, 30 second intervals & stir).
- with teaspoon, spoon portion of chocolate into middle of each muffin cup. Draw chocolate up the edges with the back of the spoon.
- coat each cup completely and place in muffin tin.
- place in refrigerator to cool & harden.
- Combine peanut butter, powdered sugar, & salt in medium bowl.
- Once chocolate in fridge has hardened, place peanut butter mixture in microwave to soften (1 min).
- spoon a small portion of peanut butter mixture into each chocolate coated cup. Leave room at top for additional layer of chocolate.
- place back in fridge to harden.
- when peanut butter filling has hardened, remelt chocolate ships 30-60 seconds and spread thin layer on top of each up. Chill once more.