Recipe by Kansas A
These taste pretty close to Reese's, and are delicious! Kid approved :)
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Absolutely fabulous! Never had peanut butter cups before till DH had gone to the US last month and brought back couple of packs. I can tell you this tastes even better! I used digestive biscuits instead of graham crackers since we can't get hold of them here and based on MamaMeag's review, I too, used 1/2 cup butter. I didn't have enough muffin cases so I just placed tablespoonful of mixture onto a parchment paper and stuck them in the fridge (there was no room in my freezer!) till firm, then dunked them in melted chocolate and back into the fridge again. Turned out perfect! Shared it with the students and everybody loved it! Thank you so much, Kansas, for sharing this fabulous recipe, this one is definitely a keeper! :)
- 236.59 ml creamy peanut butter (I use the lite creamy version) or 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter (I use the lite creamy version)
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml icing sugar
- 709.77 ml chocolate chips (milk, mint, semi-sweet, whatever you have, I prefer milk chocolate but have used different kinds)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix peanut butter, cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Use a whisk if it's lumpy.
- I then use my smallest cookie scoop and fill, not quite to the top, Wilton 1 1/4 inch diameter mini baking cups. (You can buy them at Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, and the fancy ones at Michaels.).
- Put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer to set.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate chips. Use a spoon and put a dollop on top, spread it out to the edges.
- Return to the freezer to set the chocolate.
- I've also used a Ziploc baggy with the corner snipped to fill the cups but find my cookie scoop much easier.
- If you don't have the mini baking cups you can spread into a 9x9 baking dish but I recommend lining with foil and when set; remove, turn upside down and cut into the peanut butter side.