Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great and easy candy recipe. I also use this recipe at easter for peanut butter eggs. Simply mold the PB filling in oblong egg shapes and dip in the melted chocolate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or crunchy peanut butter, if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened NO substitutions
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until well-combined in a smooth mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt choc chips and shortening, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Pour teaspoonfuls of melted chocolate into paper-lined mini muffin cups to fill about 1/3 way.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of peanut butter mixture into each cup over chocolate.
- Top peanut butter mixture with additional teaspoon or so of melted chocolate (enough to fill cup and cover peanut butter mixture).
- Chill until set.
- makes about 4 dozen.
This is a very good tasting recipe!! However it took 3 batches of the chocolate to make 3-1/2 dozen cups. I was using a regular tablespoon and used only one in the bottom and one over the peanut butter. No excessive chocolate. So get lots of chocolate chips! Also with the first dozen I made little balls with the peanut butter, but it didn't melt or flatten out like I thought it would. So the next 2 dozen I made little peanut butter pancakes and they look much more like peanut butter cups. VERY GOOD!!!