Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a great and easy candy recipe. I also use this recipe at easter for peanut butter eggs. Simply mold the PB filling in oblong egg shapes and dip in the melted chocolate.
Top Review by Julie 1957
This is a very good tasting recipe!! However it took 3 batches of the chocolate to make 3-1/2 dozen cups. I was using a regular tablespoon and used only one in the bottom and one over the peanut butter. No excessive chocolate. So get lots of chocolate chips! Also with the first dozen I made little balls with the peanut butter, but it didn't melt or flatten out like I thought it would. So the next 2 dozen I made little peanut butter pancakes and they look much more like peanut butter cups. VERY GOOD!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (or crunchy peanut butter, if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened NO substitutions
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, peanut butter, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until well-combined in a smooth mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt choc chips and shortening, stirring frequently until melted and smooth.
- Pour teaspoonfuls of melted chocolate into paper-lined mini muffin cups to fill about 1/3 way.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of peanut butter mixture into each cup over chocolate.
- Top peanut butter mixture with additional teaspoon or so of melted chocolate (enough to fill cup and cover peanut butter mixture).
- Chill until set.
- makes about 4 dozen.